EaseUS Todo backup is a free software for backup which allows automatic backup to your system drives, certain folders and files, and the entire hard drive.
The restore function of EaseUS Todo Backup is the most convenient method of retrieving backup files using mounting your copy of the backup as an e-hard drive.
What We Like
- A simple restore feature.
- System partition backup is supported.
- Includes very useful pre-os software.
What We Don’t Like
- A few of the features are missing.
- A variety of options are feasible, but they’re not if you’re paying.
This review is about EaseUS todo backup free 2022. It was launched on July 18, 2022. Please inform us when there’s a newer version that we’re required to review.
EaseUS Todo Backup: Methods, Sources, & Destinations
The kinds of backups that are supported, as well as the computer that is backed up, as well as the location to which it will be stored are the main aspects to be considered when choosing an application for backup. Here’s the information about EaseUS Todo Backup
Backups that are full, incremental backups and differential backups are supported.
Backups can be made for all hard drives or specific partitions or files as well as folders.
The program can backup partitions which includes the partition that Windows runs upon (the System partition). This can be accomplished without rebooting the computer , or by using external programs.
Backups are stored in the format PBD that can be saved on a local drive or network folder or an an external drive.
EaseUSCloud EaseUS Cloudis identified as a backup destination in addition, and is the online storage service offered by the company. They provide 250GB of storage for free make use of. It also offers the option to add Cloud storage option that lets you connect to your Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive account. These options basically turn the application in to an online backup service.
More About EaseUS Todo Backup
- Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 are supported.
- Backups will automatically be divided into smaller pieces for easier storage.
- Toggle the amount of CPU energy EaseUS Todo Backup can utilize to ensure that performance doesn’t suffer excessively while performing backup jobs.
- The speed of network transfer can be reduced to conserve bandwidth.
- Backups can be set to stay for a certain number of days before being deleted.
- The ability to compress backups is available however, it’s only normal compression is supported; High as well as High aren’t available for free.
- You can protect your password on the backup.
- Pre-OS is a feature that can be turned on to allow you to use EaseUS todo Backup before Windows begins without burning the program onto a disc or to an external media. This feature can be used to restore a disk/partition/system backup or to clone a hard drive or partition.
- An WinPE or Linux backup disk is designed in order to start EaseUS Todo Backup in the event that the Pre-OS isn’t activated, however, you’ll still require a restore or clone the disk.
- When backing up your partition or hard drive you are able to backup every sector that is the space that is used and not, to create an exact copy of the original.
- When you restore a full partition backup or disk it is possible to restore individual files, not the entire hard drive.
- Automatically run backup jobs that are not completed.
- Make backups with another user in case you’re required to.
- Save data back to the original place easily or select a custom one.
- Find out the estimated amount of time for backups to be completed.
- Set a timer to shut down or go to sleep to signal when the backup is complete.
- It is possible to change the name of backups to identify its purpose whenever you need to refer to it later.
- When you restore files, the program displays an overview of the date as well as the exact duration of backups. This means you can quickly select the time at which to find the backup file.
- You can search or filter through backups to locate something you want to restore.
- Every data backup (even those that are system-wide backups) is able to be mounted in a virtual disk within Windows and lets you browse it as the real drive browse and copy data with no confusion.
- If you’ve got a backup of your files it is easy to double-click on the Backup document (the PBD files) in order to view it up in EaseUS. What you see appears much like a regular folder within Explorer and you are able to transfer the backup files from the folder at any time however you need to be running the program for this to be able to do it.
- Calculate the space that a backup requires to be able to store in its destination directory, to ensure that there is enough space prior to commencing the work.
- It is possible to schedule one backup every day, or according to the weekly, daily or monthly schedule.
- It allows scheduling backups for the partition of the system.
- It will notify you if the location for a backup is not sufficient storage space on the disk to accommodate the backup files.
- The Logs section allows you to browse and filter and export failed as well as successful backup jobs.
Thoughts on EaseUS Todo Backup
There are a few functions that aren’t present in EaseUS Todo Backup, but in general, we believe it’s an excellent software.
What We Like
The ability to restore your backup could possibly be our most loved feature to love about EaseUS todo Backup. Similar backup applications require the user to see the backup in the program, however the ability to view a backup as if it’s a real drive within Windows allows it to be extremely simple and easy browsing through.
We’re happy to see the fact that a backup for your system partition is provided. The ability to use it to run on a timer will make it even more efficient.
Backups is a must-have feature of any backup software, as EaseUS Todo Backup can help with this.
It’s rare to find any backup software that allows you to run the program prior to entering Windows with nousing discs or Flash drive to use it. This is the case with Pre-OS offers in this application. It’s helpful in the event your PC has been rendered unusableand you have to restore the partition of your system.
What We Don’t Like
We aren’t happy the fact that emails events-based backups as well as customization commands offsite copying, files excluded, file types-based backups, Smart Backup as well as System Clone aren’t supported.
Although certain of these options may be observedin the free version of EaseUS Todo Backup program, they’re not usefulunless upgrading to the commercial version of the software, EaseUS Todo Backup Home.
It’s also a shame that the installer file is quite huge. It’s an online installation, which means that once you’ve opened it to start, it’ll download a separate download of over 100MB, which means it could take a while to download on slower connections.